9.3.12

March 8, 2012


Opening Hymn:
We Have Come into His House (Red 204)
Open Our Eyes (Red 215)

Scripture Reading:
1 Corinthians 1:18-25

Message: Strength and Knowledge
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength” (1 Corinthians 1:25). This is a very comforting passage to read. It reminds me that when I feel weak or unintelligent, God is there with wisdom and strength.

None of us can compare to God.  However, each of us can pray to God for the wisdom and strength that only He can provide us with. There have been many times in my life where I doubted my own strength and knowledge. College was one of those places. I over booked myself between work, class, theater, and choir. When I felt that trying my hardest was not good enough, I relied on God. With His help, I was able to get through each and every challenge.

Nowadays, when I meet challenges at work such as a hard IV poke, or a long and busy day. I continue to call on God for strength. Even through my disbelief and doubt, God has never let me down. He will never let any of us down.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for being our strength when we are weak. Thank you for being our hope when hope is gone, and thank you for giving us the knowledge to serve You and others well. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
Personal Plea (a song I wrote during “February Album Writing Month”)
http://files.fawmers.com/dmotteso/Personal%20Plea2.mp3

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God


No comments:

Post a Comment