13.3.12

March 12, 2012


Opening Hymn:
Meekness and Majesty (Red 214)

Scripture Reading:
Numbers 21:4-9

Message:
I am so glad that I am not one of the Israelites that was traveling with Moses to the promised land. I have had my doubts throughout my life. I doubt silly things like ‘can I make it through school?’ and ‘can I make it through this long shift.’ I’ve even questioned God’s call to me. I can all too well relate to the Israelites right now; however, it is a little bit frightening, since they are getting bit by venomous snakes. I can’t imagine wandering through the desert for forty years. I’m sure I would have my own doubts and concerns. But we should never doubt God in any situation. He has created the entirety of creation, and has created each and every one of us. He knows what He is doing.

Yet we still can doubt… but God will not abandon us even as we question Him. He didn’t abandon the Israelites even when they spoke against Him and his prophet. The Israelites were bitten by snakes, but they were able to realize that they had sinned. They repented, believed, and God healed. God had Moses create a snake. When the people looked up at the snake they were healed. In John 3:14 Jesus tells us “Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.” We are all saved from our sin. We only need to look to Jesus to be saved.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, You have saved us. You have forgiven us, and I am forever grateful. Thank You for letting me know when I sin, and for giving me the bible and a mind to judge what is good and what is bad. Forgive us when we do bad instead of good, and let us look to our Savior for forgiveness. Thank You, my Lord, for Jesus, my Savior. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
White as Snow (Red 190)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God


No comments:

Post a Comment