26.3.12

March 23, 2012


Opening Hymn:
In the Cross of Christ I Glory (Red Hymnal 295)

Scripture Reading:
John 12:20-26

Message: Re-focusing
My favorite worship service was at the Hudson United Methodist church on Good Friday. It was at least a two hour service that touched on each of Jesus’ last words. Lay speakers and pastors would take one of the phrases Jesus said in his final moments before death, and base their sermon around that. It was such a powerful service that reminded me of Jesus’ sacrifice, and my call.

Today’s scripture reminds me that the time is drawing near again. The time is coming that has been dedicated a day to recognize Christ’s death and sacrifice… and following that, His resurrection and assent into heaven. It is good to have this day to recognize it, but it is also good to remember and to be grateful every day.  Today we hear that the time is near. Jesus is going to die… but in doing so he is going to save us all. The greatest gift of all! I wish I did fully recognize it every day.

Lent , Good Friday, and Easter give me a chance to re-focus my life. It is a more meaningful re-focusing than New Years. I am not making any resolutions that I will try to keep throughout the year. Instead I am quieting myself and remembering… pondering… contemplating the gift that God has given us. I’m trying to comprehend it and allow it to change me. I pray that each of us can remember and be changed for the better.


Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, forgive us when we forget Your sacrifice. Thank you for Your love and grace that You have showered upon us. Thank you for reminding us of Your love and Your forgiveness. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
My Hope is Built (Red Hymnal 368)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment