24.3.16

Challenges



March 23, 2016
Opening Hymns:
325 Hail Thou Once Despised Jesus http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh325.sht

Scripture Reading:
Hebrews 12:1-3
12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us,

12:2 looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.

12:3 Consider him who endured such hostility against himself from sinners, so that you may not grow weary or lose heart.

Message:
What motivates you? What gives you strength? When I’ve found myself in the face of tough challenges one of my main motivations is the gift of love that Jesus has given to us all. I love the final verse of today’s scripture “Consider Him who endured such hostility against Himself from sinners, so that you may not grow weary or lose heart.”

Another motivation I have are those around me that face challenges in life putting others needs before their own. I feel surrounded by so many incredible and talented people that use their gifts and talents for the betterment of others. When I see church volunteers, or friends putting in countless hours to make others smile it warms my heart. I remember them when I face my own challenges, and try to give even more energy and effort into what I’m doing.

My challenge for you on this day is to not grow weary or lose heart in the face of your challenges. Even though we have sinned, Jesus has forgiven us all. He is with us during each challenge. He also has given us each other that we may help one another out during each struggle. Don’t be afraid to lend a hand when others have tough times, and don’t be afraid to accept the help that others offer. We all can be God’s gift to each other.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, thank you for creating so many wonderful people that we can share our lives with. Let us help guide others through challenges they face, and let us allow ourselves to receive help during our challenges. May we follow Your call each step of the way, and seek to share Your love with others throughout all our days. Amen.


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
64 Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh064.sht


May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment