29.3.15

He Makes All Things New

March 29, 2015
Opening Hymns:
341 I Sought the Lord
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh341.sht


Scripture Reading:
Hebrews 10:4-10

10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

10:5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body you have prepared for me;

10:6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings you have taken no pleasure.

10:7 Then I said, 'See, God, I have come to do your will, O God' (in the scroll of the book it is written of me)."

10:8 When he said above, "You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law),

10:9 then he added, "See, I have come to do your will." He abolishes the first in order to establish the second.

10:10 And it is by God's will that we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.


Message:
I remember when I was a little girl, and realized for the first time that the Ten Commandments are not the only laws that the Israelites had to follow. Reading through Leviticus you can see so many laws that I break all the time. One being “
you must not wear a garment made of two different kinds of fabric” (Leviticus 19:19).

Many in the Christian faith have forgotten these laws. We don’t think about eating things that are kosher… and some of the laws with your livestock and neighbor’s livestock don’t really apply. When I found out that there were laws I was breaking I was very upset. However, when I grew up more and learned more about the New Testament, I discovered that Jesus changed all that.

This scripture shows us once again that Jesus has made all things new. The old covenant is gone, and God has established with us a covenant through Jesus. We no longer need to sacrifice animals for cleansing from our sins. Jesus’ love and sacrifice has paid the price for us.

Time of Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your love and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. May we draw ever closer to You throughout all our days. May we seek you out, and always yearn to do Your will. Amen.


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
103 Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh103.sht

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment