1.3.13

Cling to God



February 28, 2013
Opening Hymns:
101 From All That Dwell Below the Skies http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh101.sht

Scripture Reading:
Psalm 63:5-9
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
    I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
    I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
    your right hand upholds me.
Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;
    they will go down to the depths of the earth.


Message:
We live in a hurting world. Children experiencing their parent’s death, and parent’s having to go through the loss of their child. There are illnesses, wars, and disasters. Through all of this we have someone that we can turn to. We have a God who we can “cling” to. “Cling”, this simple word creates in me a feeling of loving warmth and comfort. God wants to have a relationship with us so deep that we feel we can cling to Him during times of deepest troubles. Sadly, sometimes people cling to other things during their deepest hours. Whether it be drugs, gambling, alcohol, or material goods… clinging to these things can offer us some peace at the time. In the long run, however, they will in fact cause more hurt than good.
Regardless of our past and our current coping mechanisms God will always love us and will be there for us. We can set our hearts on Him, as the psalmist has, and “cling” to Him.  

Time of Prayer
Dearest Lord, let us cling to you when we face our deepest sorrows. Amen
 
The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
103 Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh103.sht

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment