7.3.13

Remember Our Rock



March 7, 2013
Opening Hymns:
420 Breathe on Me Breath of God http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh420.sht

Scripture Reading:
2 Corinthians 5:16-17
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!

Message:
The new creation has come!!! Praise the Lord. I’ve often heard it said that eternity with God starts now. What an uplifting way to view the world. To imagine that we never have to be separated from God at all. Christ has given us the precious gift of a relationship with God and forgiveness for all our sins. Because of this we never need to fear being away from God. Sadly, in order for this to be possible, Jesus felt the separation for us. The new creation was born out of an innocent suffering through physical pain and spiritual distance from God… for on the cross Jesus cried “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me” (Matthew 27:46).

We can never repay Him for His sacrifice. But because of the joy we have in our hearts we can strive to live a life that would be pleasing to God. Two weeks ago at a Lenten service we were told to bring a rock and put it up near the front of the church. It was a reminder to the congregation the Jesus Christ is our rock… it reminds us of His sacrifice and the example that He lead for us. I decided something, and maybe it would be helpful for you too. On those hard days when I feel alone, or when I am going through a crisis in my life, I will find a small rock or pebble and put it in my pocket. Throughout the day I will remember who I get my strength from. Feeling the rock will keep me from forgetting that God is always with me through everything. Jesus is my Rock and my salvation.


Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, lovingly remind us of Your presence on this day. Guide us through the storms that are passing by. Be with those who are experiencing the loss of a loved one, or the illness of someone they care about. Heal Your children in body, mind and spirit. During every hard time let us remember Your loving faithfulness. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
400 Come, Thou Font of Every Blessing http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh400.sht

Benediction:
Eternal God, your kingdom has broken into our troubled world through the life, death, and resurrection of your Son. Help us to hear your word and obey it, and bring your saving love to fruition in our lives, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment