16.3.13

Pass It On



March 16, 2013
Opening Hymns:
338 Where He Leads Me I Will Follow http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh338.sht

Scripture Reading:
Isaiah 43:16-21
16 This is what the Lord says—
    he who made a way through the sea,
    a path through the mighty waters,
17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
    the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
    extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
18 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
20 The wild animals honor me,
    the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
21     the people I formed for myself
    that they may proclaim my praise.

Message:
The scriptures continually remind us of how God lovingly meets our every need. Today's scripture reminds us of how God has provided for His people in the past, while ensuring that His same love and presence will be there for us in the future. Sometimes it can be hard not to blame God for the hard times instead of thanking Him for helping us through them. When people pass away too young, when people get cancer, when wars break out, and when people die because they don’t have enough money for food/shelter/water… it is hard not to ask God, “why”?

The "Why" questions are hard to answer. However, through ever desert, and every storm in my life… if I just pause, breath and focus on God, I can feel His loving presence surround me… Pray, and heal from the challenges in your life. Call on God’s presence and He will be with you. With strength and Love we can grow from every struggle, and each of us can learn how to help each other through every storm. We can pray for one another, and reach out our hand to those in need. We can cry and laugh with one another. We are to show the love that God has for us to others, and to keep passing it on.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, thank you for being with each of us through every struggle of our lives. Help us to love and support one another just as You have loved and supported us. Lord, life can be so hard, thank you for giving us Your love, and the love and support of those around us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
261 The Servant Song (Red Praise Book)

Will you let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I might have the grace
To let you be my servant too

We are pilgrims on the journey
We are brothers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ light for you
In the night time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony
Born to all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment