18.3.10

March 18th, 2010

Opening Hymns:
This Is the Day 210 (red)
It’s Time to Praise the Lord 125 (red)

Scripture Reading:
Isaiah 43:16-21

Message
Praise
The Lord has done amazing things for His chosen people. In this scripture we are reminded of the wonders that God has done. We are also reminded that we ought to be thankful to Him for His gifts. Too often in the Bible and in our own lives one tends to forget about the good that has been done. At times praising the Lord is forgotten. This happens far too many times throughout the Bible. The Israelites forgot about praising God while He was leading them through the desert. When Jesus healed 10 people, only one went back to thank Him. It is important that we do not forget to say “thanks.

My favorite part of this scripture is in verse 18 when the Lord states “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing…” For me it feels like the Lord is saying “you think that was cool, well wait and see what is coming next” I have learned more and more about the Lord throughout my life. I am still amazed by how he touches our lives. I can only hope that I will be able to do my part… that during the good times and bad I will still lift up my voice to praise Him. Each day I hope I continually await the new surprises He has for us.

Time of Prayer

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn

Shout to the Lord 198 (B/B)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment