22.2.10

February 22, 2010

Opening Hymns:
Come Thou Fount of every blessing (http://nethymnal.org/htm/c/o/comethou.htm)
Rock of My Salvation

Scripture Reading:
Genesis 15:1-6

Message Proven Wrong
One day in my anatomy and physiology class we were studying the eye. Its complexities were beyond what my little mind could and can grasp. How does it work? How could anyone think that this could exist without a divine presence? My friend sitting next to me had a similar thought. She leaned over to me and whispered… “How could anyone think there isn’t a God? Look at how beautifully perfect and complex eyes are.” In the scripture reading today Abram is not doubting the existence of God, but rather questioning the likelihood that he would have a child. However, like many times throughout the bible God fulfills His promise and goes beyond what we could ever imagine. Not only does God give Abram a child, but his offspring become more numerous than we can count. His family tree is still ever growing, and the promise is still being fulfilled.

In my life I do have many doubts. Most of the doubts involve my trust in myself to “correctly” do what God has called me to do. College was a challenge that I thought was far above anything I could do. However, when I put my self doubt aside God was able to surprise me with college’s completion. Trusting in God can often be filled with wonderful surprises of things that are beyond our own understanding. Though it might not seem like God’s promise is even possible, if we put our faith in Him we will see how wonderful it is when God proves us wrong.


Time of Prayer
*Respond: Lord hear our prayer

For our armies and militaries, that you will protect them as they work to serve our country her and afar we pray to the Lord*
For students that they might learn and use the knowledge they gain to better the world around them we pray to the Lord*
To those who are struggling with financial stability that they may find support through friends and family until they are finally back on their feet we pray to the Lord*
For those of us who are unable to discern where You would have us go, that our path might be laid be for them we pray to the Lord*

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn

Great is Thy Faithfulness

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment