19.2.10

February 19, 2010

Opening Hymns:
Oh How He Loves You and Me
You are My Hiding Place

Scripture Reading:
Luke 4:1-13, please stand for the gospel

Message
Debate Teams
This scripture scares me. It shows that not only does the devil tempt, he does it well. If I had the choice I would never want to be on a debate team against him… and yet that is exactly where all of us are. The reason this scripture is so scary is because it is a reminder that the devil knows the scriptures. He can, at the most opportune time, use them against us. This scripture has a happy ending because Jesus was indeed able to withstand the all of the temptations by using scripture to fight scripture. However, having not had most of eternity to page through and memorize the bible, I think I don’t know it as well as Satan does. But there is hope. Regardless of how scary it is being on this side of the debate team there, is comfort in knowing that we are on the winning side. The end of the story has already been written. So, whenever I feel tempted, even though I cannot always come back with the best rebuttal, I can find strength in the Lord.

Time of Prayer
*Respond: Lord hear our prayer

To all who fall into temptation, that they might find Your light and follow the path You have set before them, we pray to the Lord*
For our leaders, that they may have enlightenment so they are able to discern what steps to take to better care for the people of this world we pray to the Lord*
To the jobless and homeless that their efforts to create a better life might produce fruit for them and their loved ones we pray to the Lord*

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
The Lord is My Light

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment