4.4.17

Confidence


April 4, 2017

Opening Hymns:
Come, My Way, My Truth, My Life: http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh164.sht


Scripture Reading:
Isaiah 50:4-9a
50:4 The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning he wakens-- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught.

50:5 The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I did not turn backward.

50:6 I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I did not hide my face from insult and spitting.

50:7 The Lord GOD helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame;

50:8 he who vindicates me is near. Who will contend with me? Let us stand up together. Who are my adversaries? Let them confront me.

50:9a It is the Lord GOD who helps me; who will declare me guilty?


Message:
Confidence can be illusive. It takes a lot before I feel really confident in something. While I’m not confident in everything, there are some things that I am confident in. I am confident in my ability to crochet, sing, and dance. In today’s scripture reading we hear a man who is confident in the Lord. He stands strong in the face of insults, spitting, and striking. He knows that God is the one who helps him, so he is not discouraged or swayed by the actions of others.

 

I know that the Lord is with each and every one of us. He is there in every hardship, and he helps us with every challenge. I can have confidence in Him. In any area in my life where I doubt in myself, I know that I can trust in the Lord. He can give us the strength to stand up for what is true and just. He can helps us have the confidence and endurance to bring light and love to the world.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, let us meet each of today’s challenges with bravery, trusting in You to guide us. Amen


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee: http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh142.sht

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.
Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God


 

No comments:

Post a Comment