10.4.14

Trust

April 10, 2014
Opening Hymns:
His Eye is on the Sparrow http://nethymnal.org/htm/h/i/hiseyeis.htm

Scripture Reading:
Psalm 31:9-16

31:9 Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eye wastes away from grief, my soul and body also.

31:10 For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away.

31:11 I am the scorn of all my adversaries, a horror to my neighbors, an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me.

31:12 I have passed out of mind like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel.

31:13 For I hear the whispering of many-- terror all around!-- as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life.

31:14 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

31:15 My times are in your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.

31:16 Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your steadfast love.


Message:
My stresses cannot begin to relate to what the psalmist is feeling. Yet in his despair he finds comfort in the Lord. He is able to trust that God will deliver him from his enemies. Earlier we learned about having confidence, and now we are learning more about trust. When the world turns against you, when people hate you and even plot to take your life there is one thing you can always trust in… the love of God.

Hopefully most of us will not have to experience the kind of stress or fear that the psalmist is feeling. However, as we face challenges and fears of our own we can respond the same way. We can call upon the Lord and ask for His provision and His deliverance. Whatever we are facing, with God’s help and strength we can prevail. All we need to do is call upon the Lord, and trust Him. Remember, He is with you every step of your journey.  

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for always being there for us when times are hard, and when times are easy. Help us remember to call upon Your name when we have fears, stress, and trials. Guide us through all of these difficult times, and help us find peace in You. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
Come Thou Found of Every Blessing
http://nethymnal.org/htm/c/o/comethou.htm

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

1 comment:

  1. Great song selection!

    I love the story of ♫His Eye is on the Sparrow♫ and the story of what most would view as a regretably hard life, how persecution fueled the spread of the early church, and even now 'oft the deepest scars are the LORD's greatest tools. How in all trials a love of God, and desire to serve Him are cultivated.

    "All things work together for the good of those called according to His purpose."

    And all because in His love...
    ♫He, to rescue me from danger,
    ♪ Interposed His precious blood;

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete