11.3.14

Our Comforter

March 11, 2014

Opening Hymns:
92 For the Beauty of the Earth
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh092.sht

Scripture Reading:
Psalm 121

121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- from where will my help come?

121:2 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

121:3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.

121:4 He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

121:5 The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand.

121:6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

121:7 The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.

121:8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.


Message:
The scripture lesson for today gives me an overwhelming sense of peace. When we remember who is in control of the world it can give us great comfort. I remember as a little girl being afraid to sleep at night sometimes. I would close my eyes and pretend that an angel was there protecting me, and wrapping me in its wings to keep me safe. That is how this scripture makes me feel today. The worries that I have fade away as I read these words. Financial fears, and job troubles seem so small when you think of the loving God who watches over and protects us.

Read the Psalm again, and reflect on where your help comes from. Let the peace these words can bring enter in. You are loved by the Lord, and though we will face times of trials, He is with us every step of the way. Rest on His promises. Feel His loving hand leading you. And feel His presence and the presence of angels watching over you.

Time of Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank You for loving us, and protecting us when life is hard or frightening. Help us feel Your presence with us now, and let us never forget that You love us. We praise You for all the works You have done for us, and for all the amazing things You have yet to do. Amen


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
472 Near to the Heart of God
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh472.sht

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment