10.3.14

Faith Through all of Your Challenges

March 10, 2014
Opening Hymns:
398 Jesus Calls Us
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh398.sht


Scripture Reading:
Genesis 12:1-4a

12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.

12:2 I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.

12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

12:4a So Abram went, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him.


Message:
When I read the bible sometimes it’s hard to remember that the people we read about don’t know how their story is going to end. Imagine how it must have felt for Abram in his old age to be told to leave his family, and go to a different land. Imagine how impossible it would seem to him that he would be the father of a great nation, when he and his wife were old and without offspring.

It takes a great act of faith to listen to God and follow His path when you don’t really know where the path is headed. But as we read the bible we can see how miraculous God’s plans are. God always comes through! Abram will have his name changed to Abraham and he will have a son with his wife. Abram listened to God’s call, and his prayers were answered.

What challenging things does God call you to face? Getting through college was one of the harder things I ever went through. I remember not sleeping much at all because I worked so hard on my studies, and yet I would still find time to read my bible and pray. I clung to God during that time knowing that with God all things are possible, and He would guide me through. Looking back, my relationship with God was the strongest it had ever been. It was so rewarding to make it through fully relying on God. If I hadn’t faced all those challenges, then I wouldn’t have drawn so close to God.

Time of Prayer
Dear Lord, during our times of trials, let us draw ever close to You, knowing that You love us. You know how the story ends, give us faith to trust and follow you, though the road be hard. Amen.


The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
397 I Need Thee Every Hour
http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh397.sht

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment