2.4.12

March 25, 2012

Opening Hymn:
Oh For a Thousand Tongues to Sing (Red Hymnal 57)

Scripture Reading:
Jeremiah 31:31-34

Message: To Know God
Can you think of anyone who has been shaped like verses 33-34? If you can they are probably a really awesome person. To have God’s 
“…law in their minds, and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
 That is the person I wish and hope to be like. Though I often fall short… these verses describe the child that God is seeking. In the Old Testament the Israelites would often turn away. It was as if they had forgotten God who had saved them. With these verses God shows us the relationship He wishes to have.

My favorite part of the verse, as I read it this morning, is that everyone will know God. Can you imagine? There are so many people, some who are close friends who claim to be atheists. They disagree with the bible, and they don’t care too much for the idea of God. They don’t know God. If they did the prospects that make them upset would instead fill them with joy. It is a blessing to think that someday everyone will know the great joy. Until that day, I will continue to pray to have God’s law in my mind and heart. Until then I will pray to know the Lord deeper than I do now. Until that day I will strive to share God’s peace to others.

Time of Prayer
Father, thank you for calling us Your children. Guide us in love, and grace. Let us have Your law written in our minds and in our hearts. Guide us to show others Your perfect peace. Thank you so much for Your unfailing love. I pray that those who misunderstand who You will come to know You with their whole heart. Guide them in their lives that they might feel the comfort that You share with all Your children. Thank you for love. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
Come Thou Almighty King (Red Hymnal 61)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment