2.4.11

March 26, 2011

Opening Hymns:
Shall We Gather at the River 723
I surrender all 354

Scripture Reading:
Exodus 17:1-7

Message: Our Desert
In biology I learned a great many wonderful things. I learned about the process of fetal development in the womb. It’s complexitites and the amazing birth of life shock me still. It also is a wonder to me that there can even be a “me”. Out of all the other genetic possiblitites that are out there, what are the odds that I would be formed? The eye and it’s complexities are almost as astounding. I remember my study buddy in biology leaning over to me during one of the lectures and stating “God has to exist. Look at how complex the eye is! How could that have happened by chance?”

However, in this scripture we are shown the Israelites who had just seen God’s wonders first hand. They saw the miracles that brought them out of Egypt, and yet are still able to doubt God’s existence when wondering through the desert. It can be easy to believe in and worship God when life is simple, and when we see His wondrous acts. However, when we are in the midst of our own deserts we can often forget about things like how amazingly complex the eye is and begin to question and doubt God. We should instead hold with us the memories when God has been most present with us and continue to trust in Him.


Time of Prayer

Dear Lord, when we go through the desert help us to put our faith in You to bring us through. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
Trust and Obey 467

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment