5.4.11

April 2, 2011

Opening Hymns:
Come Let Us Worship and Bow Down (Red) 105
He Is Exalted (Red) 111

Scripture Reading:
John 9:1-41

Message: Spiritual Sight
In this scripture reading Jesus gives sight to a blind man. Not only is the man’s physical vision healed so that he can see, he also gains spiritual sight. The man gains an understanding that Jesus is the Christ. Sadly, the religious leaders had decided that anyone who claimed that would get kicked out of the synagogue. This became the man’s fate. But Jesus was with him even after he was thrown out. Jesus reaffirmed what the man seemed to know already… that Jesus was the messiah.


How can we be healed of spiritual blindness? There are times in my life that my focus is only on my goals and desires. To be perfectly honest, those are the most stressful times in my life. When we focus solely on ourselves we can become blind to other points of view. We may say or do things that are hurtful to others. We can ignore problems that we could otherwise help fix. But when we focus on God’s vision for our lives we can have peace. This does not mean ignoring our needs… but instead recognizing and fulfilling our needs as well as the needs of others. It is a balance of self supporting activities combined with serving and caring for others with God as our focus.

Time of Prayer
Lord, please heal my vision when I close my eyes to Your plan. Help guide my footsteps so that I don’t get off track. Bless my works, and help me to spread Your word so others’ spiritual vision can be healed. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
His Name Is Wonderful (Red) 108

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment