19.2.18

Paths


February 19, 2018

Opening Hymns:
As The Sun Doth Daily Rise (http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh675.sht)
Scripture Reading:
Psalm 25:1-10
25:1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.

25:2 O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me.

25:3 Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

25:4 Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.

25:5 Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.

25:6 Be mindful of your mercy, O LORD, and of your steadfast love, for they have been from of old.

25:7 Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for your goodness' sake, O LORD!

25:8 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way.

25:9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.

25:10 All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.


Message:
Today’s scripture is comforting to me, not only because it speaks to God’s forgiveness, faithfulness, and steadfast love. But also, because it shows the psalmist petitioning God to guide their path, and to help keep them from sin.

Sometimes I can forget that God forgives us of our sins AND helps keep us from sinning in the future. Life can be challenging, and daunting. Sometimes we can hurt others, or do wrong without realizing it. However, we can always ask for God’s help to lead us in the right way. Through prayer, the study of study of scripture, and worship we can have a better idea of how God would have us live our lives.

As I await the excitement and challenge of having a baby, I can feel terrified that I might not do everything right. So many what if’s come into my mind. What if I teach them wrong, or don’t discipline well enough. What if they have friends that start them down a bad path… I know I’m not perfect. I can worry about what is to come. But better still, I can trust this scripture. By trusting in God and the lessons that He has given me through the scripture I can go through my life with confidence knowing that God will be there with me to forgive me when I fall short, and to guide my path when I need a reminder of what is right and good.   

Time of Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for Your forgiveness of our sins, and for teaching us what is right and good in Your sight. Continue to guide us through our challenges, and through all of the questions that we have. Help lead us to do Your will in all that we do. Amen
The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
God Will Take Care of You (http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh130.sht)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.
Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment