18.2.18

Covenants

February 17, 2018
Opening Hymns:
Fairest Lord Jesus (http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh189.sht)

Scripture Reading:
Genesis 9:8-17
9:8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him,

9:9 "As for me, I am establishing my covenant with you and your descendants after you,

9:10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the domestic animals, and every animal of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark.

9:11 I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of a flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."

9:12 God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations:

9:13 I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

9:14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds,

9:15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.

9:16 When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."

9:17 God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth."


Message:
When life is hard we can forget the promises that God has made to us. Sometimes we can feel lost and abandoned. Life can feel so unfair when something that happens in an instant can change our lives. My mother-in-law had fallen down the stairs one night, and she hurt her back. That one instant made it so she had to be in a back brace for the next 6 months.


My husband has been such a wonderful son helping his mother through it each step of the way. While she is no longer in the back brace, she still does have doctor’s appointments even though the fall was nearly 2 years ago now.

Currently, I work as a nurse on an orthopedic unit. I work with people who need back surgery, hip replacements, or other surgical procedures involving bones. Often times a fall is what caused that person to come in. I will never forget that while I see them at the start of their recovery, they have a long road ahead of them too. In thinking of how my mother-in-law felt, I can try to relate, and show more compassion to the people that I work with.

When life presents us with these challenges it can be easy to become disheartened. It can be hard to remember the promises that God has made to us. However, remembering that God is with us and loves us through each challenge can also help us through them. Whenever challenges come, remember that God loves you. He always stays true to His promises.

Time of Prayer
Lord, thank you for showing us Your love and forgiveness. Help us through each of our individual struggles. Lead us back to You when we feel as though life has become overwhelming. Thank You for always being there for us through the good times and the bad. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
Jesus Loves Me (http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh191.sht)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.
Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment