31.3.17

Taking Time to Reflect


March 29, 2017

Opening Hymns:
We’ve a Story to Tell to the Nations: http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh569.sht


Scripture Reading:
Psalm 130
130:1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD.

130:2 Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications!

130:3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?

130:4 But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.

130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;

130:6 my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.

130:7 O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem.

130:8 It is he who will redeem Israel from all its iniquities.


Message:
During college we had a Christmas concert that we prepared for every year. During that time, it was always chaotic. It was near finals week as well and the concert took a lot of time away from studying. Through the hectic schedules, and the seemingly impossible tasks we were all able to prevail.

I remember at least parts of this Psalm were read at the Christmas concert every year. “My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen for the morning.” I remember this scripture calling out to me, my soul was waiting and trusting the Lord to lead me through school. It was worth the extra time to be a part of the Christmas concert. It is always worth the time to remember and to reflect on God’s love and presence in our lives. Life might not always go the way we want it to, but God is always watching over us.

Time of Prayer
Lord, thank you for being with us during the good times and the bad. Thank you for always hearing us when we pray. Grant us the strength to share Your goodness with others. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn
Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling: http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh348.sht


May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.
Go in peace, serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment