29.3.11

March 23, 2011

Opening Hymns:
If Thou but Suffer God to Guide Thee (red hymnal) 142
My Hope is Build (Red Hymnal) 368

Scripture Reading:

Romans 5:1-5

Message:
Paul seems to have an up beat attitude in this scripture. He is talking about the good that can come from suffering. I have had times in my life that were unpleasant. At times I would beg for my burdens to be taken away… but looking back on my life I don’t think any single moment could count as “suffering” under Paul’s definition. He had been thrown in prison, his life had been threatened, and it seemed every where he went he suffered for God, and in order to spread God’s message. It is through his suffering that he writes these verses showing that in the end suffering creates hope

I don’t think I have had any suffering. However, if there comes a time that I will suffer, I hope that I will be able to remember this verse and rejoice and praise God for the perseverance, character, and hope that will be created through the suffering.


Time of Prayer

Dear Lord, be with us through our sufferings, and help us to remember Your loving presence with us. Teach us to rejoice in our sufferings, and give us the hope that can withstand any trial. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
Pass it on red hymnal 572

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment