2.4.10

April 2, 2010

Opening Hymns:
Oh, Sinner Lift the eye of faith (http://nethymnal.org/htm/o/s/oslteoff.htm)
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

Scripture Reading:

John 18:1-19:42

Message “Dear woman, here is your son,” “Here is your mother”
Imagine Mary at the feet of Jesus. This was her baby boy. Recall Mary’s joy when she met Elizabeth… Luke 1:46-49 “And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me, holy is his name.” She also had great concerns for Jesus when she lost Him as a small boy in Luke 2:41.

Here she was now thinking she would lose Him forever. It is touching to me to see all the beautiful kindness and respect Jesus has shown for women in the Bible. The fact that some of His final words is looking out for the wellbeing of His mother is touching to me. He must have known how much it pained her to watch Him suffer so much. Though I have never had a child… it seems to me that the most tragic thing in life would be losing your own son or daughter. With love Jesus Says these words to her “Dear woman, her is your son,” showing her that He is still looking out for her even in the midst of His suffering.

Time of Prayer


The Lord’s Prayer

Closing Hymn

Where You There (http://nethymnal.org/htm/w/e/r/wereyout.htm)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment