2.2.11

February 2, 2011

Opening Hymns:
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus 227 (Red)
To Every Generation 218 (Red)

Scripture Reading:
Psalm 112

Message: Fear Not

This psalm is describing all the good that comes from being a righteous man. The thing that stuck with me was in verse seven “He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord” verse 8 continues “His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.” What a blessing, to be without fear.

One of the things I have a hard time with is fear. I am often afraid that I won’t do my job right. I’m afraid of my future, and afraid that I didn’t make correct choices in my past. If we let it, fear can consume us. But this psalm brings good news. The reward of trusting in the Lord is the absence of fear. When you think about, it makes so much sense!!! When we focus on trusting in the Lord, we can replace fear with trust. The world can look different. Life will seem more manageable, and our doubts can dissipate. We can go out into the world with the knowledge that the Lord is with us, and that through His presence and His word, He will guide us and keep us on His path.


Time of Prayer

Dear Lord, forgive us for the times when we don’t fully trust in You. Help our trust to grow. Help us with confidence to follow your will on this day. Amen

The Lord’s Prayer


Closing Hymn
You are My Hiding Place 205 (Red)
The Lord is My Light 64 (Red)

May the Lord bless you and keep you: May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you: May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Amen.

Go in peace, and serve the Lord
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment